Can you believe it’s the last day of February, Where did the time go? For the first time in a few years I decided to watch NYFW virtually instead of reading about trends for fall 2022. It was amazing to see the designs and how everything was styled. When I was watching the streams I kept picking out what I would and wouldn’t wear. I’ve done a post or two about trends I’ve been excited to wear so today I’m sharing fashion trends that I’m not so crazy about, fashion trends that I think need to just go away.
5 Fashion Trends That Need To Go
- Cropped Everything: Cropped everything, this is my number one because I’m just over the style already. Cropped tops, sweaters, blazers, and jackets are cute occasionally. I liked the style options cropped pieces offered when they started showing up more, however, I live in New York, I wear sweaters, jackets, and such because they go with my outfit, but it’s also functional, by which I mean it keeps me warm, something cropped is not going to do that so for me cropping everything even puffer winter jackets needs to just stop this fashion trend needs to go.
- Color Clashing: I just don’t get color clashing, yes it can be eye-catching and lead to some combinations you never would have thought to put together, but other than that this is one fashion trend I can leave behind. I love complementing colors, interesting patterns that your just not quite sure fit, but somehow do. I’ll even get behind some of the neon colors, shopping around this past weekend, I was mentally putting some neon colors with my favorite outfits and it worked, but clashing colors, no, or at least not right now.
- Chunky Loafers: Chunky Loafers was a hard one for me to decide to add to this list. I don’t wear loafers because at the moment they’re not my style, nor can I figure out how I’d wear them with how my feet sit when I’m in my wheelchair. Honestly? Loafers would probably come right off, but it’s the Chunky part im not crazy about at least in relation to loafers. I love chunky boots. However when I look at chunky loafers it doesn’t quite fit for me, so while I don’t feel as strongly about it as I do, cropping everything, this is a fashion trend I can do without.
- Bucket Hats: Thanks to Instagram and a few people I follow, I have a whole new appreciation for hats and how they can add just a little something or completely level up your outfit, but bucket hats do not fall on that list for me. I see bucket hats as something you were when you’re going to be outside for most of the day like working in the yard or fishing, it just doesn’t scream fashion to me, but I have seen some cute ones. The fashion trend is one I’m leaving alone and hoping it goes away.
- Logos, Logos, And More Logos: Logos are back. Recently certain fashion trends have been making their way back and claiming popularity yet again. From Disco styled pieces, to Y2K, Logos everywhere, a style that was popular decades ago. I added this one last to the list because while I don’t see the appeal of having a logo stamped all over my outfit, I love seeing it on accessories, for me, it can make an outfit fun and playful depending on the accessory. I have a Guess Bag that gives my Y2K vibes that I bought last spring that I’ll definitely be popping out of my closet again this year. Nevertheless, while I like them on my accessories I can’t see getting to the point of liking a full outfit where the logo is everywhere, but never say never.
Fashion trends that you like and don’t like aren’t really objective except for cropping things in a new york winter and loafers on my feet in my wheelchair, but I wanted to wrap up the month with a fun post and writing about fashion and sharing it with you is always fun for me. Are there any fashion trends you could take or leave or ones that just need to go away and never come back? Let me know in the comments.